By ZENIT Staff
On Friday, July 10, 2020, the Holy Father Francis received in audience His Eminence Cardinal Angelo Becciu, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience, the Supreme Pontiff authorized the same Congregation to promulgate the decrees regarding:
– the miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Maria Antonia Samà, layperson; born on 2 March 1875 in Sant’Andrea Jonio, Italy, and died there on 27 May 1953;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Eusebio Francesco Chini (known as Kino), professed priest of the Society of Jesus; born on 10 August 1645 in Segno, Italy, and died in Magdalena, Mexico, on 15 March 1711;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Mariano José de Ibargüengoitia y Zuloaga, diocesan priest, co-founder of the Institute of the Servants of Jesus of Charity; born on 8 September 1817 in Bilbao, Spain, and died there on 31 January 1888;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Maria Félix Torres, founder of the Company of the Saviour; born on 25 August 1907 in Albelda, Spain, and died in Madrid, Spain, on 12 January 2001;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Angiolino Bonetta, layperson of the Association of Silent Workers of the Cross; born on 18 September 1948 in Cigole, Italy, and died there on 28 January 1963.
Read More: Vatican News