By ZENIT Staff
On December 21, 2020, the Holy Father Francis received in audience His Eminence Most Reverend Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience, the Supreme Pontiff authorized the same Congregation to promulgate the decrees concerning :
– the martyrdom of the Servant of God Rosario Angelo Livatino, a lay faithful; born on 3 October 1952 in Canicattì (Italy) and killed, in hatred of the Faith, on the road that leads from Canicattì to Agrigento (Italy), on 21 September 1990;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Vasco de Quiroga, Bishop of Michoacán; born around 1470 in Madrigal de las Altas Torres (Spain) and died in Pátzcuaro (Mexico) on 14 March 1565;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Bernardino Piccinelli (in the century: Dino), of the Order of the Servants of Mary, titular Bishop of Gaudiaba and Auxiliary of Ancona; born on 24 January 1905 in Madonna dei Fornelli, a hamlet of San Benedetto Val di Sambro (Italy) and died in Ancona (Italy) on 1 October 1984;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Antonio Vincenzo González Suárez, diocesan priest; born on 5 April 1817 in Agüimes (Spain) and died in Las Palmas (Spain) on 22 June 1851;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Antonio Seghezzi, diocesan priest; born on 25 August 1906 in Premolo (Italy) and died in Dachau (Germany) on 21 May 1945;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Bernardo Antonini, diocesan priest; born on 20 October 1932 in Cimego (Italy) and died in Karaganda (Kazakhstan) on 27 March 2002;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Ignatius Stuchlý, professed priest of the Society of St. Francis de Sales; born on 14 December 1869 in Bolesław (now Poland) and died in Lukov (Czech Republic) on 17 January 1953;
– the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Rosa Staltari, professed religious of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary Most Holy Co-redemptrix; born on 3 May 1951 in Antonimina (Italy) and died in Palermo (Italy) on 4 January 1974.
The post Pope Approves Promulgation of Decrees of Congregation for Causes of Saints appeared first on ZENIT – English.
Read More: Vatican News