By ZENIT Staff

Bishop Broderick Pabillo, the apostolic administrator of the Manila archdiocese, has tested positive for Covid-19, reported CBCP News.

In a letter released July 23, 2020, and addressed to Manila’s parish priests, the prelate said he is asymptomatic but will go under quarantine.

“Although I do not feel anything, I follow the protocol that is set. I am now in a designated area for quarantine observing strict protocol as required,” Bishop Pabillo said.

“My condition is being monitored and I take healthy food and vitamins, and do physical exercise,” he said.

He is the first Philippine bishop to have contracted the disease that already infected more than 70,000 Filipinos.

Since the lockdown, the bishop has been visiting poor communities in Manila such as the victims of recent fire incidents in Tondo.

He was also in Pandacan a day after the huge fire that ravaged the Sto. Niño Parish Church on July 10.

The bishop said that his staff have been tested negative of the virus.

Pabillo added that the people he was in close contact with in the last week have also been informed “so that they may follow necessary safety measures”.

“I know this virus will pass, so please do not worry about me, although prayers would be very much appreciated,” according to him.

“Since I am in my normal self, thank God, the scheduled online meetings that we have set will continue. Life must go on.”

“One of the priests of the Archdiocese will celebrate our common Sunday Mass at 10am and our Monday Mass at noon in the Manila Cathedral, and read the respective homilies that I prepare,” he said.

The post Manila Bishop Tests Positive for Coronavirus appeared first on ZENIT – English.

Read More: Vatican News